UpdateSeminarU.S. Export Controls and Sanctions – Update 2020 – Day 2
Update on U.S. Dual-use Export Controls and Sanctions
During the last year there were many changes to U.S. export controls and sanctions laws and regulations that impacted companies and financial institutions based in Germany and other EU member states. The government of U.S. President Donald Trump has further tightened its sanctions programmes. These include the new Russia sanctions, new economic sanctions against Iran and the listing of Huawei on the “black list“.
This seminar will include practical information on how these changes will impact the day-today business operations and compliance programs of German and other non-U.S. companies and financial institutions, across a range of business sectors.
On the basis of specialist lectures, keynote speeches and discussion rounds, renowned speakers will share their knowledge and practical experience with you. Of course, you will have ample opportunity to ask the experts your questions!
Aim of the Seminar
German and European companies trading with the USA are forced to come into contact with U.S. export control law. In the seminar, experts on U.S. law will teach you how to assess the current U.S. export control policy and what conclusions you can draw from it for your trade transactions. The focus will be on U.S. Dual-use Export Controls and Sanctions.
Keynote BIS Export Control Update
- Update on year three of the Trump Administration and impact on EAR and defense trade
- Update on 2019 and pending BIS regulatory changes impacting the export and reexport of items on the Commerce Control List
- 2019 changes to the EAR as a result of changes made by the Missile Technology Control Regime
- Discussion of other changes to the EAR made during 2019
- BIS export enforcement update and case studies (including the Huawei case)
EAR Reexport and Technology Issues
- Discussion on cloud computing and cloud-based email issues and U.S. export compliance issues
- Discussions regarding De Minimis calculations under the EAR and related Huawei-case issues
- Case studies involving reexports by European companies
- Update on Export Control Reform Act of 2018 implementation
- Update on BIS review of emerging technologies and foundational technologies
Remarks by Regional Export Control Officers, U.S. Consulate, Frankfurt
- End User Verifications and Compliance Best Practices
- Pre-license checks and post-shipment verifications
- Update on Iran and Russia end-use controls
- Update on India and UAE export compliance issues
Teaching Methods and Intended Number of Hours
- Exercises using lecturer’s case studies
- Exercises using legal texts
The seminar lasts 7,25 hours.
This program is intended for participants who have a good understanding of EU/U.S. export controls and sanctions law.
On the evening before the AWA's traditional U.S. Export Controls and Sanctions seminar, a get-together will take place at the Fleming's Conference Hotel Frankfurt (February 3rd, 2020 at 6:30 pm).
Legal texts and presentations will be distributed and discussed in the original language (English).
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Ms Martina Brüggemann:
- +49 251 832 75 76
Ab€ 690,00zzgl. 19% MwSt.
- umfangreiche Seminarunterlagen
- Erfrischungsgetränke und Pausenverpflegung
- AWA Zertifikat
- Get-Together am Vorabend inkl. Speisen und Getränke
Eine optimale Ergänzung bietet/n Ihnen diese/s Seminar/e:
Eine optimale Ergänzung bietet Ihnen dieses Seminar:
Eine optimale Ergänzung bieten Ihnen diese Seminare: