Update Seminar U.S. Export Controls and Sanctions – Update 2019 – Day 1
Update on Defense Export Controls and related U.S. Dual-use
2018 was an extraordinary year from a U.S. trade, sanctions and export controls perspective. Many of these developments, including the U.S. withdrawal from the Iran nuclear agreement (JCPOA) and additional sanctions on Russia, will have a significant impact on companies and financial institutions based in Germany and other European countries. Time for a review on impacts for future businesses.
During AWA‘s annual two-day U.S. Export Controls and Sanctions Update, speakers from the U.S. Government and U.S.-based sanctions and export control attorneys will present timely and practical information on these developments and provide useful information on how these changes will impact German and other European companies.
Attending both days is recommended for companies whose business is affected by US Reexport regulations under ITAR, EAR and US sanctions law; please see the detailed agendas for the topics provided on day 1 and day 2. Separate booking for either one or both days is possible.
Day 1 covers an update on Defense Export Controls and related U.S. Dual-use and
Book both seminars and claim a 10% discount on each!
The Day 1 program will cover the following topics:
(10:30 am to 05:30 pm)
- DDTC and ITAR Updates
- Export Control Reform Act of 2018, establishing permanent authority for the U.S. Export Administration Regulations
- Intersection of the ITAR and Information Technology (IT) issues, such as cloud-based storage and email systems
- Updates to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations during 2018 that will impact European manufacturers and exporters (Focus on USML-600 Series Update)
- Defense Trade Licensing and Authorization Procedures for Reexporters
The presentations will include practical information on how these changes will impact the day-to-day business operations and compliance programs of German and European companies across a range of business sectors.
Day 1 of the program will focus on the changes made in 2018 to the U.S. export control regime, including controls on commercial/dual-use and defense-related products and technologies.
All topics will be accompanied by case studies along with recommendations for compliance „Best Practices”.
In addition, bring your compliance-related questions in for the speakers in advance.
Day 1 – Update on U.S. Dual-use and Defense Export Controls
DDTC and ITAR Update
- Overview of DDTC’s 2018 activities
- Update on year 2 of the Trump Administration and assessing the impact on defense trade with European companies
- Update on pending regulatory changes to the ITAR
- Update on intersection of the ITAR and Information Technology (IT) issues, such as cloud-based storage and email systems
- DDTC enforcement update and consent agreement case studies
BIS Defense and 600 Series Update
- Update on year 2 of the Trump Administration and impact on EAR and defense trade
- Update on 2018 and future BIS regulatory changes impacting the export and reexport of 600 series items and other military parts and components subject to the EAR
- Update on use of License Exception STA to receive US goods
- BIS defense export licensing update
Defense Trade Licensing and Authorization Procedures for Reexporters
- Update on DDTC licensing system, Commodity Jurisdiction (CJ) and General Correspondence (GC) process
- Discussion on compliance issues for European companies involving exports, re-exports and in country transfers of defense articles
- ITAR Agreement issues for European companies (TAAs/MLAs)
This program is intended for participants who have a good understanding of EU/U.S. export controls and sanctions law and will be held in English, with speakers fluent in German available for translation of technical terms and for question and answer sessions. Legal texts and presentations will be distributed and discussed in the original language (English).
If you have any questions, e.g. about the registration, do not hesitate to contact Ms Martina Brüggemann by phone +49 251 832 75 76 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ab€ 690,00 zzgl. 19% MwSt.
- umfangreiche Seminarunterlagen
- Erfrischungsgetränke und Pausenverpflegung
- AWA Zertifikat
Eine optimale Ergänzung bietet/n Ihnen diese/s Seminar/e:
Eine optimale Ergänzung bietet Ihnen dieses Seminar:
Eine optimale Ergänzung bieten Ihnen diese Seminare: