BasisSeminarNew Incoterms® 2020INCOE200201
Smart contracting and practical implications
In September 2019, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) announced new ICC trade clauses (Incoterms® 2020). The Incoterms® regulate the rights and obligations of buyers and sellers in national and international trade. The new version of the Incoterms® will come into force on 1 January 2020.
You will learn about the background to the Incoterms® 2020 review, why it was necessary and the changes that take place from 1 January 2020. You will be given a comparison of Incoterms® 2010 and 2020 and an in-depth briefing on each of the eleven terms. You will learn why it is important to use the terms and the dangers of varying a term from its statutory obligations. You will learn how to select an appropriate term, how to use the new Incoterms® 2020 book and the connection between Incoterms®, insurance and payment. You will learn how to correctly include Incoterms® in a contract.
Aim of the seminar
In this seminar you will learn more about the background of the Incoterms® rule update. Why did the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) update the existing Incoterms® rules? What changes will Incoterms® 2020 bring with it, which will come into force on 1 January 2020? In addition, the seminar compares Incoterms® 2010 with Incoterms® 2020.
- Incoterms® 2020 - the new rules
- The 11 Incoterms® in depth
- Incoterms® and insurance
- Incorporation into the contract
- Using the new Incoterms® book
- Common issues with Incoterms® & solutions
- Selecting the appropriate terms for the contract
Teaching Methods and Intended Number of Hours
- Exercises using lecturers's case studies
The seminar lasts 6,5 hours.
The seminar is aimed at Importers, Exporters, Forwarding/shipping agents, Commercial banks, Insurance companies and Trade lawyers.
The seminar will be held in English!
- Internationales Business
Ort & Termin
Für diesen Termin sind noch ausreichend Plätze vorhanden.
Ab€ 590,00zzgl. 19% MwSt.
- umfangreiche Seminarunterlagen
- Erfrischungsgetränke und Pausenverpflegung
- AWA Zertifikat
- Jon WaldenPrincipal Advisor, Customs, Trade Logistics and Trade Facilitation // Member of ICC UK Incoterms® 2020 review group and an examiner and tutor for the Institute of Export and International Trade in UK Customs practice