Spezial Seminar China Export Control Scheme and the Draft New Law
How may your business with China be affected by China export control scheme?
China does have a set of export control regulations in place now and occasionally companies are being investigated for failure to comply with such regulations, which sometimes jeopardizes the business operations of foreign investment in China. The Draft China Export Control Law, modelled largely on US export system and possibly to be passed in 2019, has caused attention mainly for two reasons:
(a) the potential huge penalties for non-compliance, e. g. 5 - 10 times of the amount of illegal export business, and possible criminal consequences;
(b) its extra-territorial impact on foreign companies.
Compliance with China export control regulations can be a complex matter because China does not control export through ECCN, but by both description of the controlled items and the HS codes of the given items. Besides the burden to ascertain controlled items by description, the trader has also to ensure correctness of the HS codes declared to China customs. Accordingly, compliance with China export control regulations largely depends on:
(a) sound legal determination of HS codes;
(b) thorough understanding of various controlled and listed items; and
(c) ability to prepare in advance the legal defense to disprove the „Should-Have-Known“ knowledge of inappropriate end use of exported items.
1. Familiarize oneself with China existing export control structure
2. Understand supervision patterns by enforcing authorities of export control regulations
3. Be aware of the business or personal exposures triggered by export control non-compliance
4. Realize potential changes the draft export control law makes and its extra-territorial impact
5. Develop export control compliance scheme for businesses with China or operations in China
- Current legislative status of China Export Control Law
- Controlled items under export control regulations
- Dual use items and military use items
- Business qualifications for dealing in dual use items and military use items
- License for controlled items
- End-use and end customer
- HS codes and control lists and HS code defenses
- Legal liability defense – disprove of the constructive knowledge/the test of „Should-Have-Known“
- Enforcing governmental agencies – MOFCOM and the Customs
- Consulting procedure for customs and companies
- Legal liabilities for non-compliance
- Changes under the draft Export Control Law – extra-territorial and other impacts on companies
- Export compliance scheme
This seminar is intended for export control, supply chain and trade compliance officers and employees who need a detailed overview course in China export control regulations, management and compliance.
The seminar will be held in English.
- Internationales Business
Ab€ 390,00 zzgl. 19% MwSt.
- umfangreiche Seminarunterlagen
- Erfrischungsgetränke und Pausenverpflegung
- AWA Zertifikat